Saturday, December 29, 2012

Changing things up - My Christmas present to myself.


I discovered that my 3rd G. grandfather from my mother's side of the family was written up in a newspaper:

DES MOINES DAILY NEWS

DES MOINES, IOWA. MONDAY EVENING, MAY 27. 1901.

GRAVES OF VETERANS LOST.
Charles E. Stader of G. A. R. Committee
Seeks Information.
     The G. A. R. committees have been un-
able to find the graves of the following
old soldiers: Jas. Brineger, J. O. Blaire,
Albert Dodd, Geo. Estell, C. D. Folsom,
S. R. Fulkerd, A. Monford, W. W.
Rand, Rollan Righard, Geo. Wallace.
     If any relatives know the location of
their graves they are requested to notify
Chas. E. Stader, who will be at the ceme-
tery  Tuesday from 1 p. m. until 5 p. m.
at soldiers' plat.

from NewspaperArchive.com http://newspaperarchive.com/

Now I know I inherited my love of cemeteries, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment