Friday, February 22, 2013

Time Lines and Jobs.

Since I last posted, I have little time to do genealogy research.  I had to spend 2 long weeks in my home town working, and did not have internet at my mom's place.  One of the good things that came out of the trip was setting up my father-in-law with an Ancestry account. I had been using Ancestry at the public library with some success, but now at home, with my other research tools and my own computer, I have made great strides.  I finally began a spread sheet time line of all the census, city directory, and misc. information from the internet that I had been saving on my laptop.

When listed on a census or in a city directory, I have collected the type of job an ancestor had. Where a job name repeats, it is for a different person, except in the shoe department.  The progression from works in a shoe shop to being a propriter is for one person.  Dates on this range from 1842 to 1940 and covers 4 generatons.

Constable, Collector
Farmer
Town Clerk
farm Laborer
laborer
Works in shoe shop
Shoe Maker
Cooper
Soliciting Agt
Police
Road Supervisor
Plasterer
Latherer
Shoe Salesman
Clerk Hardware
Book Keeper
Roper dry goods
Supt
Custodian - City Gun Club
Policeman
Carpenter
Latherer
Manager Postal ?
Nurse
Traveling Salesman
Sales Lady Postal ?
Doctor
Sheet metal worker
Salesman Lumber comp.
Draftsman
Nurse
Fireman for electric co.
Propriter Shoe Repair
Delivery Man Dairy


No comments:

Post a Comment